Wednesday 9 July 2014

A change is as good as a rest

It's been six months since my last post here, so I've certainly had a rest, although I'm not sure anyone would notice seeing as I'm not a regular blogger anyway. The funny thing is that I haven't been resting from sewing - there have been fancy dress costumes (a Sith Lord and Neo and Morpheus from the Matrix!), Roman blinds, upholstered headboards, Plantains, Anna's, a Renfrew, bits and bobs from Tilly's book, plus assorted dolls clothes - but none of it has made it here.

I've been trying to work out why and I've realised that if a blog has an identity then mine is schizophrenic. There are two themes here; sewing for people and sewing for dolls, half the traffic my blog gets comes from Sewing Pattern Review and half from Flickr where my doll pictures get more favourites than the people ones. (That could just be cos the people ones are of me though! :P)

I don't want to start another blog and split the subjects up so I've decided to add a couple of tabs at the top so my visitors can choose what they'd like to see. You never know, I may get another hobby and add a third tab! ;)

Also, I've changed the name of the blog from 'BusyLizzyBee' to Sew*Jemmilly.
There are a lot of LizzyBees out there and a lot of them seem busy. Jemmilly is the name I used to sell my dolls clothes when I first started out, so I'm returning to my roots and hoping to create something that's a bit more 'me', whether I'm sewing for plastic people or real ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment