Thursday 29 August 2013

Colette Sorbetto

If you can sew then you've probably already made one, and if you can't sew then you probably could make one - Sorbetto top from Colette patterns. It's a free pattern, download it now! http://www.colettepatterns.com/shop/sorbetto


This top cost under £5 to make, which is a total bargain because it turned out so cute! I used 'Brighton Bows' poly cotton fabric, and pre-made green bias tape, both from Fabricland. Then I bought some green bow earrings from eBay to match the print, you can just about see them in the picture. (I'm pulling that face because my husband was messing around! Sadly the door in the background isn't our house, we were visiting the Vyne (National Trust) and I decided it would be a good photo opportunity for my top.)

I did make a muslin to check the size, which I would recommend. It's not a close-fitting design - you can see where the fabric is blowing round my hips in the breeze - but I had to take it in a little under the arms to make sure that the armholes wouldn't gape and display my bra to the world. Not a good look when you are nearly 37.  ^_^

Anyway, I love it and I may even make another! And on the strength of this pattern I bought the Colette Sewing Handbook which I will hopefully post about soon :)


1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    Thanks for posting. congratulations on your lovely top! Looking forward to reading about your experience with the book.
    Lynda
    (Toronto, Canada)

    ReplyDelete